We work with great people around the world!
Accreditation Services International
Centre for International Forest Research
The French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development
Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations
Forestry Department Sarawak
Forest Research Institute Malaysia
Forest Stewardship Council
Government of Malaysia
The German Agency for International Cooperation
International Tropical Timber Organisation
Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification
Sabah Forestry Department
Ta Ann Holdings Berhad
Thailand Greenhouse Gas Organisation
The United Nations Collaborative Programme on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation
United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
The University of Edinburgh
World Wild Fund for Nature
- Malaysia Country Coordinator for USAID to create an investment pipeline for international investors into the forest sector in Malaysia, including the development of strategies to engage Forest Management Units.
- Developing strategies for USAID to engage investors into Malaysia into responsible and sustainable forest operations including due diligence of social, environmental, and/or reputational issues associated with prospective investment partners.
- Drafting of a Plantation Management Plan (PMP), including Policies and Standard Operating Procedures to meet the requirements of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Criteria and Indicators in Cambodia, plus the training of staff on modalities and the recording of monitoring practices.
- Framework Contract holder with Accreditation Services International (ASI) to serve as Appeals Chair to investigate and adjudicate Appeals submissions.
- Framework Contract holder with Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) to serve as Appeals Chair to complaints and appeals investigations involving FSC Policy for Association and reporting to the Board of Directors.
- Technical expert to identify options for Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) consisting of 50,000 ha surrounding an active Forest Management Unit (FMU) in Indonesia, by applying the Restoration Opportunities Assessment Methodology (ROAM) developed by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), including stakeholder consultations and engagement.
- Technical expert in the identification of carbon projects under voluntary carbon market frameworks in Indonesia, including project eligibility, quantification and mapping, and applying several methodological approaches such as reduced-impact logging, avoided deforestation and forest restoration.
- Assessment of eligibility of forest and timber plantations to meet the requirements of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Principles and Criteria, including the drafting of technical Baselines and Action Plans.
- Chief Technical Expert and Advisor to the Board of Directors to the development of a Reduced-Impact Logging (RIL) Standard in Indonesia, including the drafting of Principles, Criteria and Indicators.
- Terminal Evaluator for Asia-Pacific Network for Sustainable Forest Management and Rehabilitation (APFNet) of multiple projects implemented in Thailand.
- Drafting of an investment prospectus, including comprehensive due diligence, for the sale and acquisition of a Forest Management Unit (FMU) in Malaysia.
- Financial valuation of a fully integrated 168,000 ha Forest Management Unit (FMU) in Indonesia.
- Lead-Author of Chapter 6 of the Third Asia-Pacific Forest Sector Outlook Study (APFSOS III), on the topic of “Ecosystem Services and Forestry”, commissioned by Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) (2019), https://bit.ly/2r0GkR6.
- Chief Technical Advisor to the Tropical Forest Foundation Indonesia to strategise, plan and develop project-based reduced-impact logging (RIL) programmes, including training, data collection, analysis and interpretation, and reporting.
- Galante, M.V., Pinard, M.A., Mencuccini, M. 2018. Estimating carbon avoided from the implementation of reduced-impact logging in Sabah, Malaysia. International Forestry Review 20, 58-78, https://bit.ly/2z9Lz7l.
- Supporting a 132,000ha Forest Management Unit (FMU) in Malaysia to meet the requirements of the Malaysia Timber Certification Scheme (MTCS) by drafting the Forest Management Plan (FMP), conducting growth and yield analysis and modelling, training on timber harvesting, creation of SPOT 6/7 high-resolution maps, reduced-impact logging (RIL), social stakeholder consultations, including high-conservation value survey, drafting Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Impartiality Committee Member to a Certification Body in Singapore accredited to the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
- Technical consultant to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) to facilitate the COP work programme on REDD finance, supporting the coordination of REDD plus implementation support, and providing methodological guidance for activities related to REDD-plus.
- Independent technical consultant to review the National Readiness Roadmap of Mongolia for the United Nations Collaborative Programme on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (UN-REDD).
- Technical consultant on reduced-impact logging (RIL) and climate change mitigation for the publication titled “Forests for a Low-Carbon Future”, published by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (2016).
- Technical consultant on reduced-impact logging (RIL) and climate change mitigation to the German Corporation for International Cooperation GmbH (GIZ), ForClime Programme, Indonesia.
- Galante, M.V. 2016. Climate Change Mitigation Through Reduced-Impact Logging: A Framework Approach. Doctor of Philosophy Dissertation, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland. https://bit.ly/2oXm5SX.